Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What the Hell should I write?

OK I know I haven't written since Aug and every time I sit to write it comes out all messed up. I have tried to write about Emmett the dog and his illness, my 49th birthday the 2nd of this month. Now there was a subject I was just burning to write about. I just couldn't find the perfect thing to write.

Then I thought do the friends I have want to hear the perfect thing or just read the latest and marvel at my wonderful sense of humor. I think its my humor. Laughter is an amazing thing. It has helped me get through so much in my life. More important it has helped me to let go of some of the painful things in my life. I am quick witted, that's quick witted not dim witted and many times have to hold my tongue because people just leave themselves to open for me.

When I was growing up I held onto so much anger and to describe me as short tempered was giving me credit. I had a huge chip on my shoulder and the world was going to pay. Yet even then I still wanted to laugh and was said by my friends to have a great sense of humor.

My humor at times can be quite warped and dark. Casey my daughter has that same warped sense of humor and at time I will call with a t-shirt or bumper sticker that is perfect for her. Presently on our car is a family of stick figures labeled the"Ass Family" and under each person is a label such as; Bad, Wise, Lazy, Spoiled, Dumb and Smart. We get comments about it every where we go. The other day a lady said to Sean," I love your sticker." to which Sean replied, "Oh that's my wife idea". The woman then says, "She must have a great sense of humor" to which my loving husband replies, " No she's just crazy". Sanity is so over rated anyway.

As I grow older I'm finding there is some much more I can let go of. That hanging onto the past or being a bitter, cold, spiteful person doesn't change a thing. There are some people who just can't let go of the past and move on, who can't find humor in anything. What a way to live, so cold and bitter toward the world. Believing that the only one who matters is you.

Do I laugh at others? of course. If I didn't I would kill most of the people I come in contact with. The rude clerk at the store, the crazy ex spouse those who believe themselves to be more important then others. Not only can I laugh off the negativity of others I need to do it for my own sanity otherwise I become like them. I once read, " The only reason one should ever look down on another person is because your giving them your hand to help them up". Think of it that way and you can't help but be a little kinder and laugh a little more.

You don't get a practice run at life. You see if you really have a good sense of humor then that means you can laugh at yourself. I laugh at myself all the time. I want to be able to laugh at myself. Then it won't bother me if others laugh. I am that secure in myself that I don't need to have attention drawn to myself. I'm not that needy. What another person thinks of me doesn't matter, what matter is what I think of myself.

Does having a good sense of humor mean you let other take advantage? HELL NO!!! Hurt my family, friends the ones I care about and love, you won't be able to run fast enough. I will have you stuffed and mounted before the days end. Need my help and I will do anything I can for those I loves but I will not be used.

How do I see myself?
I got an email the other day and it was perfect for me it read;
"My motto is live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders & says, "Oh Shit she's up".


Pet Peeve: People who think the rest of the world wants to hear their conversations whether they be talking on their cell phones or to another person. I am not interested in hearing about how aweful the teacher treated your kid at daycare, the results of your recent papsmear or how much you lost in the market. TONE IT DOWN your embarrassing yourself.

No comments: